Hardness Testing (HT) can be used to measure the hardness of a material to aid in material selection / acceptance and production testing.
The most common form of hardness test involves the Leeb Rebound principle where the hardness value is derived from the energy loss of a defined impact body after impacting on the surface of the component under test.
Generally the spherical test tip is fired within the impact device body at the test surface and rebounds faster from harder test samples than it does from soft ones.
The impact / rebound value can then be viewed instantly on the display screen and converted to all common hardness scales e.g. HV, HB, HRC, HRA, HS & Rm.
Services on offer from Venture:
- Portable hand held Proceq Equotip 3 Hardness Testers (Highly accurate ± 4HL).
- Wide variety of impact devices and support rings to accommodate all shapes and sizes.
- Comprehensive 24hr in-house and on-site service.
- Approved procedures for control checks.
- Fully trained Inspectors.
- Approved Method Statements, Risk Assessments and confined space entry work.
If you require further information on any of these services please Contact us.